Submissions and other messages should be sent to email@example.com. We reserve the right to edit contributions, but we will notify you of any changes made before publication.
About the Book
The book starts with a question: If Karl Marx were alive today and asked to write a new edition of The Communist Manifesto, how would it be different from the original, composed 165 years ago? The New Commune-ist Manifesto is the answer.
While following the spirit of the old, the New Manifesto is written for the twenty-first-century working class and transforms the original from a historical document into a call-for-action to build an economic democracy based on environmental sustainability.
The book argues that regaining our vision of an alternative to the existing system is the key to rebuilding the workers movement. But this vision must be more than “pie in the sky” — it must be practical and based on experience. It must confront the real problems we face, including the environmental crisis that jeopardizes our planet.
- Capitalism turning oceans into toxic plastic cesspools
- Capitalism’s connection to racism
- Devil capitalism sending us to hell
- There will be no jobs on a cooked planet
- Why was a Palestinian toddler burned to death?
- End capitalism, build a green economy
- Oil industry crisis an opening for real change
- Raise taxes on capital and the rich
- Top 10 Ways to Save Ourselves From Global Warming
- Imagine a system better than capitalism
- Top 10 ways we can build a better economic system
- Capitalism a leech on publicly funded research
- Top 10 reasons to hate capitalism
- Explaining Gaza to my 7-year old granddaughter
- The new Capital — a review
- Corporate organized crime
- Piketty’s book important, but should go one step further
- An impertinent question
- Global warming is caused by capitalist greed
- ‘The Sixth Extinction’ and our looming catastrophe
- Rebuilding the commons through economic democracy
- Understanding the intellectual whores of capitalism
- Book reveals real Rwanda story: Imperialism at work
- Does death by car not count?
- Sustainability and capitalism: Can we have it all?
- Video: Understanding Capitalism — Idiocy
- Capitalism uses unemployment to keep workers in line
- Workers suffer while rich profit from oil sands fever
- Workers and their unions must fight climate change
- Canada serves corporate interests around the world